Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Bearcats

My oldest sort of/almost/kind of hinted at a 'keep warm at the games' quilt in the colors of my grandson's baseball team so, off to Midsomer Quilting I went.  I wandered around the rooms, touching fabric and trying to take in the shelves and shelves and shelves, while gathering various shades of red and black.  I got asked twice about my 'accent' which always makes me chuckle, because I don't have one ;)
Back home with my stash,  I wasn't the least bit annoyed that 'footie' was on.  The FIFA World Cup is all about quilting time for me :)
I went with a Broken Herring Bone design, following a tutorial at Play Crafts.  A little confusing because she is left handed and the visuals threw me a bit, but I got 'er done.


Palette

Red Strips
The first cut is always the hardest.  Once it's done, it's done and the rest follows :)

Black Strips

Moorass approved paired strips

Top

2 comments:

  1. Looks great! Those Herringbone blocks aren't for the faint of heart... I'm sure it will keep L-E nice and toasty at ball games!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of ironing and trimming, but worth it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)