Sunday, May 18, 2014

Project Two

Project #2 is another Craft Magazine 'I'd like to do'.  I now have two paper magazines.Popular Patchwork and Love Patchwork & Quilting and I won't buy anymore until I've done at least three projects from each!  Well, maybe just two... so far, I've done  2 from Popular Patchwork...

The instructions for this one were a little scant, I had some difficulty with sewing the triangles onto the diamonds.  I was sure I had read a tip  somewhere on one of the many blogs , or maybe I watched a video, again, one of many... anyway, getting the triangles to fit the diamond edge meant having it overhang either end by about 1/8".  I of course wasn't perfect on them, but they came together and they'll look great on the patio chairs.


The blocks are put together in quarters first.  Not something new I'm sure ;)



I purchased the blue for the border and backing at Rose Crafts in Midsomer Norton, my LQS, which isn't terribly local for me as I don't drive on this side of the pond and the walk, first down the hill and then along the cycle path is about two and a half hours, return.  Luckily, D took me ;)


And the finished project.  Just waiting for the padding and then they'll be good to go.  I don't want them too full, just a little more comfortable.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)