Thursday, April 17, 2014

The Sewing Begins...

The Sewing Begins... England side of the pond :)

I'm finally settled enough to start blogging.  Not sure why I feel the need to, but here goes...  This past February, while watching the Olympics and chatting on Facebook, I added Quilting Blogs to my online activity, starting with my niece's blog, A Quarter Inch From the Edge. Thanks to Jenn (she'll always be Jennifer to me),  I've found my newest obsession... Quilting.

I've done a lot of sewing over the years. With four kids, there were always Halloween costumes, play clothes and dresses to be made.  I even made a few simple 12 inch block 'quilts', but no actual quilting went into them, just straight line sewing.

Knowing that I would soon be travelling to the other side of the pond, I refrained from jumping in with both feet and just read, planned, researched, signed up for and generally 'computer obsessed' about quilting.  Fun in it's own right, I might add :)

Now, I'm a week on England's side of the pond,  and the sewing has begun :)  Well, a lot of cutting, piecing and ironing at least.




2 comments:

  1. ... and I was here, returning the favour! Nice "meeting" you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet, thank you for dropping by :)

    ReplyDelete

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)