Tuesday, April 22, 2014

BOM 2014 Blocks #1 - 4

Catching Up on Pile o' Fabrics BOM 2014.

My For The Love of Sewing BOMs are almost up to date, in the piecing department at least.  I still haven't gotten any of them quilted.  First, because I didn't have the batting and now because I'm struggling with the free motion quilting.  I'm beginning to think mine will be more lines and less free motion.

Block #1 Ruler

This one went well, just straight piecing.


Block #2 Spools

A couple of off kilter pieces, but hopefully once I quilt it they won't be glaringly obvious.


Block #3 Stitches

This one was a little less fun, especially the asterix.  The bulk in the middle doesn't lay nicely.  My cross stitches aren't the same size either,  I have to work on slowing down a bit ;)  I also had a bit of an incident with the iron.  I left it laying plate down... oops.  A lovely scorched teflon plate to deal with now.  Just let your eyes slide on past any discolored bits.





Block #4 Chevron Star and Churn Dash

These went together nicely.  I realized while doing the Stitch block that I was quickly eating up the material I brought with me from Canada, so made a trip to the LQS (Rose Crafts).  I'll definitely be returning there.




April's block is going slowly.  Partly because I don't have any freezer paper, who would have guessed it would be hard to find in England???  I've ordered some online and it should be here in a couple of days.  I love Amazon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jump in with a comment as and when it suits :)